Carpet Care and Spot Removal Tips
Regular maintenance & cleaning
Vacuuming your carpets weekly, or more frequently for heavier traffic with a high quality vacuum cleaner will help areas stay clean and remove dirt and allergens. Remove shoes when entering the house and wear slippers or socks around the home.
Professional Carpet Cleaning
New carpet warranties require professional cleaning every 12 to 18 months. Ares of high traffic, should be cleaned every 6 months. Your carpets and rugs will last longer when cared for properly.
Rug & Carpet Protector
We recommend applying Scotchgard™ Rug & Carpet Protector each time the carpets are professionally cleaned. The protector repels spills for easier cleanup.
- Limits reappearing spots
- Ideal for high traffic areas
- Does not change the look or feel of carpets
The protecing material can be used on polyester, polyolefin, polypropylene, acrylic, nylon, and colored wool carpets and rugs. We do not recommend use with Oriental rugs or white wool.
Spot removal Tips
- Blot up any liquids, or with a solid, remove it with a spoon.
- Use a professional spot remover, or cold water/club soda to dampen the spot.
- Agitate the spot area with the professional spot remover using a spoon.
- Using a white terry cloth, apply pressure to blot the liquid. CAUTION: Rubbing the stain can permanently damage the carpet or fabric.
- For larger wet stains, fold the towel into a pad and press using heavy force using your own weight, or other objects.
- Wax on the carpet? Remove with paper towel and a hair dryer.