Checklist Before Hiring a Home Cleaning Service
When hiring a maid, or housekeeper, there are things to consider so that the cleaner understands your wishes and needs. Below are some talking points before your first appointment:
- What rooms need to be cleaned?
- Every house cleaner and service operates a little different. Clarify your needs so that you can be paired with the right cleaner and service.
- Decide which chores need to be done regularly and occassionally.
- Make a list of what is important to be cleaned, or review the worksheet provided by the company. Feel free to add, or subtrack tasks.
- Extra tasks can be usually negotiated.
- Consider your budget, cleaning can be charged by the hour or the job. If you want to stick within a range, ask to see what can be completed within your budget.
- Do you have a home office, your cleaning may be tax deductible.
- Tipping: tips are compulsory and appreciated as a thank you for doing an excellent job.
- Trust they know what they are doing, but feel free to do a walk through at the end of the job. Positive reinforcement will make staff want to focus on areas of importance.
- Make sure they are properly insured with liability and workers compensation.