Winter Cleaning Checklist
Winter is when we start spending more time indoors and the season for holidays with family and friends. It is best to prepare ahead instead of waiting for the first snowfall to have your home ready for colder weather.
- Check your furnace; change filters monthly and vacuum vents and registers
- Have your chimney professionally cleaned to prevent potential fires. Cleaning logs are not the same as a professional chimney sweep company. With a wood burning store, it is also prudent to have it professionally checked as well.
- Seasonal pantry checks can be done to throw away food that has gone bad, or donate what will not be used.
- Clean and flip your mattress, vacuum the top of the mattress
- Clean under the couch cushions.
- Tune up snow blowers & snowmobiles; who said winter has to be all about work