How to vacuum your pool
- Vacuum pole (recommend 8-16' extendable pole, will work for almost any pool type)
- Vacuum hose (factor in the length, width, and depth of the pool). Hoses come in 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" diameter. The most common hose diameter is 1 1/2", however for smaller above ground pools they may take 1 1/4" hose. I also highly recommend purchasing a hose with a swivel cuff on the vacuum end.
- Vacuum head
- Vacuum plate that goes over the skimmer basket. Note: placing the vacuum plate over the skimmer basket saves the time of frequently emptying the pump basket.
Once you have all the supplies, it's time to start cleaning:
- Assemble the pieces hose, vacuum, pole, vacuum plate.
- Fill the hose with water (this is easiest by using the pool return jet). This prevents the pump from losing it's suction, or prime.
- If you pool has a main drain or more than 1 skimmer, shut off flow from the main drain and other skimmer(s) to get full suction.
Other tools for cleaning:
- Leaf rake
- Leaf skimmer
Now you are ready to start the next phase in maintaining your pool!